Posted by: Rory Brown | June 10, 2008
Achiltibuie & Ullapool – Top 5 things to do when the weather is wet
If the weather is bad on your holiday and you don’t fancy braving a soggy walk then here are a few things that you can do away from the rain:
1) Go out for a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants in the area.
2) Visit one of the potteries – Highland Stoneware is probably the closest but you could also drive across to Fearn and visit Anta’s factory shop (one of our favourites).
3) Visit the Ullapool Museum. It’s great if you want to learn more about the history of the area or for anyone wanting to research local genealogy.
4) See if anything is on at the Macphail Centre in Ullapool or the Coigach Community Hall in Achiltibuie.
5) Use the swimming pool and leisure centre in Ullapool.
Alternatively you could just curl up with a good book in front of an open fire and wait for the weather to pass…
Posted in Restaurant, shops, Things to do, Tourist information | Tags: Achiltibuie, Genealogy, museum, pottery, scotland, swimming pool, theatre, Tourist information, ullapool